Brianna jumps up and grabs her cauldron. In goes the ingredients that will bring her dream to life.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly milled black pepper
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 large egg
- Sprinkles of love
- Sprinkles of Magick
- Royal Icing (recipe follows)
1 pound (4 1/2 cups) confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons dried egg-white powder
6 tablespoons water
Following each ingredient Brianna sprinkles generous amounts of love and magick. Stirring in a deosil direction sparks of magick bounce from the spoon into the dough, flowing not only from Brianna’s hand but from her heart.The ingredients are whisked to perfection. The inside of the cauldron begins to glow.
Brianna rolls and pats the gingerbread dough into shape and puts it into the oven. When the timer dings Brianna opens the oven door. There on the baking sheet is the cutest, sweetest smelling gingerbread boy ever.
Removing the gingerbread boy from the oven Brianna sets the pan on the counter to cool. As the gingerbread boy cools the love and magick begins to swirl bringing him to life.
Check back next week for the complete story…
See the Magick…Feel the Magick…Experience the Magick
#Gingerbread Boy #Magick #Recipe